A Typical Sequence of Events in Cadillac Northstar Models
- Often when a Northstar overheats, a mechanic checks the cooling system and finds nothing wrong.
- With no clear indication as to what’s causing the overheating problem.
- A mechanic may suggest replacing various cooling system components, like a radiator, water pump, or thermostat.
- Eventually, coolant starts disappearing again, and the overheating returns.
- If this sounds familiar, it is time to get a proper diagnosis. An experienced Thermalweld technician can provide the fastest and most cost-effective head gasket repair solution to your problem.
- To mechanically repair the head bolt problem requires a complete teardown.
- Drilling out the head bolt threads, installing new sleeves, and replacing the head bolts.
- Some repair shops refuse to replace a Northstar head gasket.
- For the ones that will, the starting price is $2,400 up to $4,500.
- Many suggest “just replace the engine.” Replacing the engine is in the $5,000 to $7,000 range.
Prius/Hybrid Head Gasket Repair
The Prius is a well-known hybrid vehicle, it’s engine’s head gasket can be quite challenging to repair. The best head gasket sealer for the Prius/Hybrid is Thermalweld. This block sealer works for all hybrid engines. The hybrid head gasket repair liquid is compatible with any antifreeze.
Does Thermalweld Head Gasket Sealer Work?
The Thermalweld Head Gasket Sealer is a popular sealant solution that works on all gasoline and diesel engines. The unique formula is designed to seal the head gasket permanently. This product is specially formulated to work on engines with high mileage, high performance, and aluminum heads, restoring them to their original condition.
In conclusion, finding the best head gasket sealer for your engine can be a daunting task. It is essential to consider engine type, compatibility, and durability of the sealant. At Thermalweld, we provide a range of head gasket sealers, each designed with different engine types, mileage, and performance in mind. Whether it’s a gas, diesel, Northstar, hybrid, or high-performance engines, we’ve got you covered.
Easy Repair Instructions
Install Thermalweld’s Cooling System Modification Kit
It takes about 15 minutes to install this device in your upper radiator hose. Once installed, it prevents thermostat malfunction and ensures proper coolant flow by minimizing air pocket formation. Follow the easy coolant system flushing instructions.
Shift into 3rd gear, drive 60 mph for 5 miles.
The best head gasket repair solution for a Northstar Engine
The Northstar engine is known for its prevalent head gasket problems, and the best head gasket sealer for this engine type is the Thermalweld One Step Formula. The best engine head gasket sealer. The Thermalweld One Step Formula also contains particles that help it withstand high-pressure situations, making it perfect for Northstar engines.
Best Head Gasket Sealer on the Market
It is not easy to claim the best head gasket sealer on the market given the different engine types and their requirements. However, based on extensive in the field research, analysis from customer feedback and reviews, the Thermalweld Blown Head Gasket Repair is the best head gasket sealer on the market. This formula has been formulated to work with all gasoline and diesel engines and is easy to use. It seals leaks and cracks quickly and efficiently, restoring the engine’s performance.